For decades, Eastcoast Bearings & Hydraulics has been proudly servicing the local community. We owe our continuing success to being able to rapidly meet the needs of our customers with the best products the industry has to offer. Over the years, we have gone from strength to strength, incorporating Clarence Valley Gas to provide local customers with LPG testing and BOC gas supplies.
The business—originally called Grafton Bearing Centre—was founded by Don Munns who opened a shop in Victoria Street, Grafton in the 1970s. Two years later, Don moved the business to Fitzroy Street opposite the BP Service Station.
The business was purchased in 1981 by Mr. Gary Lawton who moved to Prince Street, near Fisher Park and also changed the name to Eastland Bearings. Looking to expand the business, Gary acquired a hydraulic company at 46 Through Street, South Grafton. The shop was also relocated to the South Grafton site and was renamed Eastcoast Bearings and Hydraulics.
In 1999, Gary sold the business to two local men who wanted to keep the business in local hands, Mr Tony Beadman and Mr Glen Donovan. These business men also purchased another local business, Clarence Valley Gas. Now, all businesses are run from Through Street, South Grafton.
Mr Eric Fuller and Mr Steve Amos control all sales at the counter and Ken Norton and Matt Coles run the Hydraulic workshop outback. In 2006, Ron Chaffey also began work with the company and is still the main man in the shop. In 2007, Tony's son Ian Beadman joined the company learning both front counter sales and hydraulics out the back.
During 2013, Ken Norton who had worked for the company for 14 years retired. Eric Fuller, who has been the manager for many years retired in 2014 and left the management in the hands of Ian Beadman and accounts to his wife Lisa Beadman.
- Owners: Glen Donovan and Tony Beadman
- Manager: Ian Beadman (son of Tony)
- Admin: Lisa Beadman (wife of Ian)
- Front sales: Ron Chaffey
- Workshop: Daniel Matthes
- Workshop: Wil Youman
Why Choose Us?
- We offer high-quality products from internationally acclaimed brands.
- We are agents for BOC gas, with a gas testing and refilling station at our site.
- We have bearings available in both metric and imperial measurements. Our friendly team will ensure you are informed what models are obsolete or out of production models.
- We provide fast deliveries throughout Grafton, the Clarence Valley and surrounding regions.
- We are happy to source the products you need if we don't have them in stock.
- We provide cutting-edge hydraulic gates and cylinders for a host of vehicle and industrial applications.
- We offer the latest gearboxes for cars, trucks and 4WDs.
- We are a one-stop shop for the best cylindrical bearings, tapered bearings, spherical bearings and needle bearings. No need to shop around.
- We are happy to help you find the right bearing for your specific needs.
At Eastcoast Bearings & Hydraulics & Clarence Valley Gas, we offer a range of products and services to cater for your industrial, residential and automotive needs. Since 1990, we have been providing bearings and bushings, chains and pulleys, airline and brass fittings, oils, tubing and hoses, safety equipment, seals and more. We are agents for BOC. Onsite hydraulic repairs for plant equipment, vehicles, pumps and more is also available.
Contact us today We are based in South Grafton